Merge several sheets into one
You can use the Google Sheets importer to merge multiple sheets of an internal or external Google Sheets doc into one master view.
There are two main cases, when you need to combine data from several sheets:
- Import same data from several sheets of one spreadsheet (e.g. monthly analytics).
- Import data from several spreadsheets into one spreadsheet and sheet (e.g. combine suppliers or customers data in several spreadsheets into one master sheet).
For each of these cases you can use Coupler.io and this guide.
Import same data from several sheets of one spreadsheet
For this purpose, you need to start setting up regular Google Sheets importer and complete following steps:
- Fill out the Title field
- Select "Google Sheets" as a source.
- Connect your Google account.
- Select spreadsheet, you would like to import several sheets from.
After that in the 'Sheets' field select several sheets, you would like to combine data from:
If you need to create more sheets in the future and their names have same pattern, you can specify regular expression instead of manually selecting sheet name from a list:
Learn more about regular expressions to define what expression you need to specify to fit your needs. Here is the list of most common cases:
- All sheets: .*
- 2021-01, 2021-02, 2021-03, ...: 2021.+
- 2020-12, 2021-01, 2021-02,...: 202.+
- Dec 2020, Jan 2021, Feb 2021, All 2020, 12-2020, 01-2021: .*202.$
- All sheets which name contains "sales data": sales data
- All sheets which name ends with "sales data": sales data$
- All sheets which name starts with "sales data": ^sales data
Import data from several spreadsheets into one spreadsheet
If your data is stored in the different spreadsheets, but is contains same shape of data you need to follow next steps:
- For each spreadsheet create a separate Coupler.io importer to import data to the separate sheet in the desired destination spreadsheet.
- Combine all that sheets into one by selecting several sheets as per described above.