Import data from one Google sheet to another
Use the Google Sheets importer to upload a range of cells from a certain sheet (or multiple sheets) of your Google Sheets doc. Google Sheets importer is a better alternative to the IMPORTRANGE function: it lets you avoid performance issues and improve connectivity between the documents.
The 4 steps to complete the setup
- Fill out the Title field
- Set up your data source
- Set up your data destination
- Configure importer's settings
1. Fill out the "Title" field
Name your importer. We recommend you pick a name that will enable easy in-app navigation for you and your team.
2. Set up your data source
2.1. Add your Google Account
- Click Connect.
- Pick the Google Account you want to connect to.
- Sign in to the chosen Google Account.
- Coupler.io will need access to view your Google spreadsheets. Click Allow to grant access.
2.2. Fill out the "Spreadsheet" field
Option 1 (recommended):
- Enter the spreadsheet URL to export data from.
- To get a link to a specific sheet in your Google Sheets spreadsheet, navigate to the sheet and copy its URL.
Learn how you can get a link to a specific sheet in Google Sheets, and other options to share a sheet and a spreadsheet.
- Enter the spreadsheet ID to export data from.
Here is an example of a link to a Google spreadsheet:
Where SpreadsheetID = 1q_Ch8q9ZesuSmHSmiBR-51w7n7wsri_hDXgAJLIipBI
- Click "Show advanced" and navigate to the Sheet name(s) field.
- Enter the name of the sheet to import from.
Click Show advanced to set up optional parameters for your data source.
2.3. Fill out the "Range" field
Select the range in the sheet you want to export data from.
|A1:Z9||to import cells of this static range only|
|A:Z||to import all columns from A to Z and all rows that fall within this range (including any new rows that might appear in this range)|
|1:1||to import only the first line from the connected sheet|
If you've got the error "A specified worksheet/range was not found", check the spreadsheet URL/ID and the data range you specified in the respective field one more time.
2.4. Fill out the "Sheet name(s)" field
If you need to import multiple sheets and combine them into one, enter the names of these sheets, each from a new line.
The order of the sheets specified doesn’t influence the order of the merged data. If you need to merge data in a specific order (for example, first
Sheet1), arrange the sheets in your spreadsheet in this order.
If you leave this field blank, the importer will import data from:
- the first sheet of the document, if no sheet has been specified in the “Spreadsheet” field.
- the specific sheet (tab), if you specified the URL of your Google Sheets doc in the “Spreadsheet” field as follows:
gid=1968747040is the ID of the sheet (tab)
3. Set up your data destination
3.1. Connect a Google Account you want to import data to.
- Pick an account you want to connect to.
- Sign in to the chosen account.
- Review the contents of access rights which you are granting to Coupler.io and press Allow.
- Confirm your choices.
- Read the "Close this window" message and close the pop-up.
3.2. Fill out the "Sheet name" field
Name the sheet, which will be receiving data. If the sheet with this name does not exist, Coupler.io will generate a new one for you.
Click Show advanced to set up optional parameters for your data destination.
3.3. Fill out the "Cell address" field
Type in the address of the first cell where the data range will be imported. The default value is A1.
4. Configure importer's settings
4.1. Enable the Automatic data refresh
- Select Interval
- Select Days of week
- Specify Time range
- Select Time zone
Check out more about Automatic data refresh.
Click Show advanced to set up optional settings for your importer.
4.2. Pick the Import Mode
Follow this link to read more about choosing a data import mode.
4.3. Add the "Last Update" column
If you want to add a column specifying the date of the last data refresh, toggle the Last Update parameter on.
4.4. Save the changes
Click Save to save the parameters for this integration or Save & Import to save the integration and run the initial import right away.
Book a free onboarding call!
For any questions, feel free to email our team at email@example.com